Re: [eclipse-dev] HELP! Eclipse won't re-start after crash

Scott, we'll need a bit more information to go on.

First of all, when you say "most recent stable", do you mean the 4/16 M5 build?

Next question ... were you able to capture any information after the crash (content of .metadata/.log, anything on the console).

In the M5 build there is a file install/platform.cfg. If you hit this problem again, try deleting it and restart ... see if it helps.

Without having more to go on it is hard to say what is causing this. I would suggest that if this happens again, open a defect in bugzilla, attaching .metadata/.log and install/platform.cfg to the defect, and describe what you were doing when you crashed. Open it againsts "platfrom" project, "update" component and we'll try to diagnose it from there.

"Weaver, Scott" <Sweaver@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/09/2002 12:49 PM
Please respond to eclipse-dev