[eclipse-dev] NPEs in PDE

A number of bugs have been opened against PDE recently reporting various
NPEs that all seem to be coming from null pointers in PDE model. This
typically happens when a workspace is in a strange state that PDE models
cannot handle when updating. That is not to say that the workspace itself
is invalid, just that it is in the condition that is makes PDE to bomb.

We have not been successful in reproducing a single selfhosting PDE
reproduced recently. This leads us to believe that there are site-to-site
differences in how workspaces are set up and that our workspaces are simply
not causing PDE to go into the invalid state.

In order to fix the problem, please do one of the following:

1) Zip and attach a workspace that consistently causes PDE to bomb or
2) Include detailed and reproducible scenario that consistently causes PDE
to throw NPEs during import, launching etc.

Regards,

Dejan Glozic, Ph.D.
Application Development
D2/MY7/8200/MKM