[ecf-dev] Getting started on ECF as a developer

Sir/Ma'am,
                I am an intermediate Java programmer. I want to work on
ECF. I have read the bugs on [1]. While most of the terminologies used in
the code make sense, I am not sure if I have the knowledge to make a
fruitful contribution (e.g. resolve at least one bug).

Can you tell me about the technical prerequisites for working on ECF? I
have a decent grasp of concepts like interfaces, inner classes, exceptions
and debugging, generics & collections, multithreading and I/O Streams. Do I
need to learn some other topic(s) as well or are these enough to (at least)
get started?

Regards,
Kunal Suri

(I am sending to your mailing group as it was recommended by the Summer of Code dev list)

Back to the top