Re: [ecf-dev] iPOPO Compatible Providers

I overlooked it when I started the iPOPO remote services (1 year ago), but I didn't found an easy way to notify services properties changes (only addition and removal).
I don't know if I missed it or if it is the way the protocol works.

I still haven't looked at the org.eclipse.ecf.provider.jmdns bundle, I planned to try to mimic its behavior with pyzeroconf.
An early draft is available on my dropbox [1].

[1] https://www.dropbox.com/s/3d8dcuva4y91dil/mdnssd.py

Thomas

2013/11/20 Markus Alexander Kuppe <ecf-dev_eclipse.org@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On 11/20/2013 01:52 AM, Thomas Calmant wrote:
> I got a case where services had serveral, very long properties values
> (full text strings), which implied to send packets larger than 1600
> bytes on notifications (registration and update).
> Of course, it raised the UDP packet ordering problem, so I decided to
> use multicast for small event packets only, and HTTP for information
> transfer.
> This is one implementation of a discovery protocol: other
> implementations can ignore the dispatcher servlet.
>
> Also, in this case, the HTTP server must be active for JSON-RPC to work,
> so there were no real constraint against this servlet.
> New providers can work without the dispatcher servlet without problem,
> as long as we have this "horror case" (the problematic exported service
> has been cleaned up since).

What about re-using an existing multicast-based solution like pyzeroconf
[1]?

[1] https://github.com/mcfletch/pyzeroconf