Re: [ecf-dev] planning for ECF fall release

Hi,

We make strong progress with the newsreader contribution but we must decide first if this is going to be included in ECF or in another project. I would not want the newsreader to be some example project that utilizes an ECF NNTP container.

The plan is to make the underlying data source independent. So it could be NNTP but it could also be any other post/reply structure.

The  post/reply pattern can be found in many communication:

NNTP servers
Forum Software
Mailing Lists (mailman)
Bug reports

It would be nice if this post/reply pattern could be made abstract. For this the ECF container structure would be a nice way to go right?

AbstractPostReplyContainer
NNTPContainer extends AbstractPostReplyContainer

Regards,

Wim

structures arI am planning to make the underlying mechanism abstract