[ecf-dev] ecf2.osuosl.org

Hi Folks,

This morning the OSU Open Source lab is apparently experiencing an ssh attack (i.e. to all machines *.osuosl.org).

One of the machines in that domain is ecf2.osuosl.org. ecf2 was formerly our build machine...about two weeks ago Markus K completed the move of ecf2.osuosl.org to the new machine [1] and [2].

Since ecf2 is a fairly old system, it is probably somewhat more vulnerable to compromise from this ssh attack (older OS version)...so we are going to ask that if the OSU OSL admins want to, that they can shut this machine down temporarily. This is only temporary, but it may be a while (e.g. week) before ecf2.osuosl.org is back up. It will, however, be back up eventually.

Please let everyone know via this list if this creates a problem for you. In general, everyone should be migrating over to using [2] for accessing ECF build artifacts, but I realize that some may not have completed such a changeover.

Thanks,

Scott

[1] http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/ecf-dev/msg04561.html
[2] builder: https://build.ecf-project.org/hudson/ download: http://download.ecf-project.org/