Re: [ecf-dev] RemoteService + Context

Hi Franky, hi Scott,

Franky, thanks for letting me know about the previous discussion - it is indeed quite similar to what I'm doing.

More about our use case - when a request to a remote service is executed, the security context has to be passed together with the request. The remote platform should receive the request and put the context in a thread local (before the actual method execution), so the security details are available for the current call stack.

Scott, I understand that something similar should be provider specific, so I am using ecf generic provider.

The solution I found so far is based on aspects. We are weaiving org.eclipse.ecf.provider.remoteservice so:
- When a new org.eclipse.ecf.provider.remoteservice.generic.Request is created the security context is put in the RemoteCallImpl instance of the Request.
- Before each execution of the org.eclipse.ecf.provider.remoteservice.generic.RemoteServiceRegistrationImpl.callService(RemoteCallImpl) the security context is get from the RemoteCallImpl parameter and put in a thread local.

Do you see any problems with this approach or maybe suggest a more elegant solution?

Thanks,
Radostin