[ecf-dev] ECF remote services leaking threads

I think ECF is leaking threads under certain conditions when it discovers a remote service.  It appears that when a service is discovered, ECF creates an IRemoteServiceContainerAdapter:run thread, a RSRegistry Dispatcher thread, and three tcp threads: ping, rcv, and sndr.  As you have seen, I'm seeing problems with zookeeper undiscovering / discovering services when there appear to be network / process delays.  It is during this time that ECF creates and additional IRemoteServiceContainerAdapter:run thread, a RSRegistry Dispatcher thread, and three tcp threads.  Since the zookeeper discovery continues to have issues, these threads keep being created.  Here is a listing of the live threads on the client when I had two remote services running in separate JVMs.  Notice the extra set of threads for the service running on port 30000.

PNG image

Bryan

Back to the top