[ecf-dev] Re: [support.osuosl.org #14948] Eclipse ECF machine

Hi Lance,

Excellent. We have about implemented all your suggestions. I just send out a link to the bare machine for dimensions.

Can I ship this machine directly to you? If so, please send me your address details on a private e-mail.

Best regards,

Wim Jongman
ECF Project

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 10:36 PM, Lance Albertson via RT <support@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat Aug 14 08:23:38 2010, wim.jongman@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Lance/Support,
>
> Does this machine [1] fit in your server racks?

It should work however there are several things you should change on the
quote.

* Bump the RAM to something like 8-16G, 2G is way too low, especially if
 you want to deploy some virtual machines.

* ALWAYS include rails (quick release sliding rails are preferred)

* I'd recommend you get at least two disks so you have RAID1 and
 redundancy. If you're only needing that much disk space, I'd recommend
 you get a 1U server instead of wasting space/power on a 2U server. I'd
 also recommend you get the most amount of disk space you can afford
 because its generally cheap.

* I'd recommend you get a Dual-PSU (power supply) for redundancy but its
 not a requirement.

* If you can afford getting the basic iDRAC OOB card, I would recommend
 that but its not required.

* Since you're planning on doing builds, you might consider getting a
 second proc if you can afford it.

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

--
Lance Albertson