Re: [ecf-dev] Git migration and ECF 3.4 timing: PLEASE READ

d) So the bottom line, I believe, is that once we do the changeover that we should effectively plan on *shutting off CVS access* in favor of the git repo *only*.  The reason we think this will be easier is because even if we try to sync the CVS repo with the git repo (i.e. 'b'), it will be a lot of work to do so frequently enough to make it worthwhile...as Eclipse IT won't do it for us, we won't be able to automate it, and we don't currently have the resource for us to do it manually with very high frequency

Do we need access to the CVS machine to run the cron job? Can't we fire a job on an intermediate machine that syncs cvs with git?

Back to the top