From: Jerome Lacoste <jerome.lacoste@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2010/7/13
Subject: Re: Pluggable SMS transport layer - e.g. http
To: android-platform <android-platform@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Jul 7, 5:35 pm, Jerome Lacoste <jerome.laco...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am looking for a way to provide an alternative transport protocol
> layer to my SMSes. My primary goal is to allow for my mobile to send
> messages through this new channel when appropriate. In my case, this
> is when I am travelling outside my own country and when internet is
> available (e.g. wifi).
[...]
> I intend to open an issue, but would love to have some feedback from
> the developers before.

I opened an issue: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=9746

The feedback I am looking after on this list is:
* is Google already working on something like this ?
* if not, would a working third party implementation be considered for
merge ? And can we discuss design beforehand ?

Thanks,

Jerome