Re: [ecf-dev] New features for remote services distributions

Hi Markus and Wim,

Markus Alexander Kuppe wrote:
On 03/12/2010 03:15 PM, Wim Jongman wrote:
Hi Scott,

Looks good. Is there no core feature?

What would be part of the core feature?

My answer to this would be org.eclipse.ecf and org.eclipse.ecf.identity bundles...but the reason there isn't an explicit ECF feature for these bundles is that they are included in both the Equinox SDK and the Eclipse platform...because of p2. As well, we now have a 'featurepatch' feature that allows these bundles to be updated if they are already there.

So in essence, I don't think we really need a core feature, distinct from the Equinox SDK (or Eclipse)...and the patch feature. I'm not at all closed to it, and it would be completely fine with me to have one, but I just didn't see the need.

Scott

Back to the top