Re: [ecf-dev] XMPP File transfer : Problem while running org.eclipse.ecf.tests.provider.filetransfer.xmpp test from CVS head

Guillaume PRIN wrote:
Hi Scott,

My Openfire allows file transfer. For example, with pidgin, I can transfer files with the same accounts. There is no logs in the Openfire server about the file transfer.

I use the bundles from the CVS, so the version of Smack is 3.1.0. Do you use different versions of ECF, Smack or Openfire for the tests ?

No.

I went through some files and added traces in the transferThread of the method startSend() of the class XMPPOutgoingFileTransfer. After calling the method sendFile() of the OutgoingFileTransfer outgoingFileTransfer, the status is checked after a 300 ms delay. The status is 'Error' and there is an exception associated with this outgoingFileTransfer accessed via the getException() method, here is the stack trace of this exception :

service-unavailable(503)
at org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.FileTransferNegotiator.negotiateOutgoingTransfer(FileTransferNegotiator.java:407) at org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.OutgoingFileTransfer.negotiateStream(OutgoingFileTransfer.java:359) at org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.OutgoingFileTransfer.access$0(OutgoingFileTransfer.java:352) at org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.OutgoingFileTransfer$2.run(OutgoingFileTransfer.java:214)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Hope this helps.

Well, sort of. This is an error inside of the smack 3.1.0 code rather than any ECF code...and I cannot immediately tell what this error (service-unavailable) means, given that your server is configured correctly.

Hmm. Is your server publicly available? Is it possible for me to try? I would like to debug into the Smack 3.1.0 code to try to determine what is happening here. Also, if you are at all familiar with the Smack docs or forums...have you seen any talk of bugs with spurious service-unavailable(503) exceptions and their cause?

Thanks,

Scott

Back to the top