Re: [ecf-dev] rest and soap additions to remoteservice

I agree. The first list I sent you was old and I think some of the
services were no longer active ... I used that list when I did some
SOAP with .Net a few years ago. So I searched for something that was
still alive and got this one.
-ted

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 6:29 AM, Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]
>    * variable "format" are "24 hourly" and "12 hourly".  The input variable
>    * "startDate" is a date string representing the first day (Local) of
>    * data to be returned. The input variable "numDays" is the integer number
>    * of days for which the user wants data.
>    */
>   public java.lang.String NDFDgenByDay(java.math.BigDecimal latitude,
> java.math.BigDecimal longitude, java.util.Date startDate,
> java.math.BigInteger numDays, java.lang.String format) throws
> java.rmi.RemoteException;
>
>   /**
>    * Returns National Weather Service digital weather forecast data.
>    * Supports latitudes and longitudes for the Continental United States,
>    * Hawaii, Guam, and Puerto Rico only.  The latitude and longitude are
>    * delimited by a comma and multiple pairs are delimited by a space (i.e.
>    * 30.00,-77.00 40.00,-90.00). Allowable values for the input variable
>    * "format" are "24 hourly" and "12 hourly".  The input variable
> "startDate"
>    * is a date string representing the first day (Local) of data to be
>    * returned. The input variable "numDays" is the integer number of days
>    * for which the user wants data.
>    */
>   public java.lang.String NDFDgenByDayLatLonList(java.lang.String
> listLatLon, java.util.Date startDate, java.math.BigInteger numDays,
> java.lang.String format) throws java.rmi.RemoteException;
> }
>

>> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 7:19 PM, Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Ted,
>>>
>>> Ted Kubaska wrote:
>>>
>>> Are any of those in http://soapclient.com/XmethodsServices.html useful?
>>> -ted
>>>

>>> Yeah, these look pretty good.  Any opinions/views about which one to use?
>>> i.e. EBayWatcherService, Delayed Stock Quote, CA Traffic Conditions, or
>>> etc?
>>>
>>> I don't particularly care...but it would be good to use one that people
>>> would find compelling as an example.
>>>
>>> Scott
>>>

>>> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 5:58 PM, Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>> wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi Folks,
>>>
>>> Over the break and since I've been doing some refactoring of the ECF REST
>>> API...as well as adding on some classes to allow easy support of
>>> SOAP-based
>>> providers.  I've produced a blog posting about this here:
>>>

>>> http://eclipseecf.blogspot.com/2010/01/soap-rest-and-ecf-remote-services.html
>>>
>>> One thing that remains to do...create an example SOAP client
>>> provider...using an existing example SOAP service.  That is, I would like
>>> create a client provider for some existing SOAP service...hopefully a
>>> fairly
>>> simple service...that has some wsdl to describe the protocol/method
>>> calls.
>>>  My intention is to take the wsdl, run it through WTP's web client
>>> wizard (that uses wsdl2java from Apache Axis) to create the java code,