Re: [ecf-dev] How to run XMPP tests locally?

Hi Jorg,

Depending upon the test, one or more xmpp account/pw information has to be provided, and for chat room tests the name of a chat room (that is assumed to already exist on the target server) has to already be available.

So, for example, for two users and a chat room called 'ecf' defined on target server, the system properties would look like this:

-Dusername0=user1@xxxxxxxx
-Dpassword0=password0
-Dusername1=user2@xxxxxxxx
-Dpassword1=password1
-Dchat.room.name=ecf

I believe that with the current set of tests in org.eclipse.ecf.tests.provider.xmpp only two users and a chat room name are required.

I've created and added a launch config in org.eclipse.ecf.tests.provider.xmpp with these parameters as above, so you should update org.eclipse.ecf.tests.provider.xmpp, org.eclipse.ecf.tests.presence, and org.eclipse.ecf.tests.

I would test them with our xmpp server at ecf.eclipse.org (and others are welcome to do so as well), but ecf.eclipse.org is currently down (the foundation is rebuilding all the virtual servers, including ecf.eclipse.org).

I would like to see these parameters documented on a new ECF wiki page, but I don't have the time at the moment...if others have the time and inclination it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

Jörg Rathlev wrote:
Hi,

how can I run the XMPP provider tests locally? I found out by trial and error that I need to set some system properties and have configured them to use a local XMPP server, but I still get lots of test cases that fail and tests that run into errors (this is with the latest version from CVS, not modified).

Thanks,
Jörg

For example (this is the very first test case, testSendInvitation):
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.ecf.tests.presence.AbstractChatRoomInvitationTest.testSendInvitation(AbstractChatRoomInvitationTest.java:78)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.junit3.JUnit3TestReference.run(JUnit3TestReference.java:130) at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38) at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:467) at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:683) at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:390) at org.eclipse.pde.internal.junit.runtime.RemotePluginTestRunner.main(RemotePluginTestRunner.java:62) at org.eclipse.pde.internal.junit.runtime.CoreTestApplication.run(CoreTestApplication.java:23)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.callMethodWithException(EclipseAppContainer.java:574) at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287)

Back to the top