Re: [ecf-dev] TweetHub - increasing number of API calls allowed

Hi James and all,

I just ran into the rate limit by

1) starting/logging into an existing account
2) exiting tweethub
3) restarting tweethub...resulting in message/exception upon initial connect:

Connect to scottslewis failed.
 Exception getting twitter friends
400:The request was invalid. An accompanying error message will explain why. This is the status code will be returned during rate limiting.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<hash>
 <request>/statuses/friends.xml</request>
<error>Rate limit exceeded. Clients may not make more than 100 requests per hour.</error>
</hash>

Is this the expected behavior with the rate-limit? If so, is there anything I can do to avoid hitting this rate limit...as I would like to avoid having it be a problem in demos (where it's sometimes necessary to stop/restart the app several times).

Thanks,

Scott

James Sugrue wrote:
Hi Guys
Anyone developing on TweetHub will have hit a rate limit on the API calls. I just found that you can request to get more calls if you are developing a product

http://twitter.com/help/request_whitelisting

Also, we've committed some new changes to TweetHub recently, so feel free to check it out and start logging bugs.

Thanks
James