[ecf-dev] TweetHub - A Unified ECF Twitter Implementation

Hi Pierre, Ivan

Thank you for your interest in TweetHub. We are wondering though if you both doing seperate implementations of the UI hosted at ecf.osuosl, but building on the ECF Twitter provider? We are hoping for a more unified approach here with TweetHub - to create one definitive implementation showcasing the power of ECF and RCP.

So, while we appreciate that you've been working on your own implementations (TwitterClipse for example), I think it would be great if we could all work together for a while on the TweetHub implementation.

In particular, we feel that it would be excellent to have an implementation available for download coinciding with the Gailieo release (ECF 3.0)

As you can see, we have lots of features that we would like to write (http://wiki.eclipse.org/TweetHub). Both Marcelo and I have discussed this and we will work on planning and tracking the work better. For example, we can put one name against a particular feature at a time.

Already there is quite a bit of interest in the Eclipse community in what we are doing here. People want an efficient twitter client, and have had the chance to contribute their own requirements to the wiki.

Perhaps we can meet on the ECF IRC channel, or over GTalk to discuss the plans further

Thanks

Marcelo, James

On Sun, 17 May 2009 18:20:53 +0200