Re: [ecf-dev] Datashare channels...

Hi Scott,

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 4:43 PM, Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Because the XMPPID serialization/deserialization is done by the XMPP
> provider...and those classes (XMPPID) are available in the class namespace
> of that provider.

Sorry, can you put that in layman's terms? Did you mean that the
message has already been deserialized once in the SOContainer?

I also noticed that I was wrong and that both the XMPP provider and
the DocShare bundles have a 'Eclipse-BuddyPolicy: global' in their
MANIFEST.MF files. I added that in bundle B and now everything is
working. :O I didn't have to put it in the datashare implementation
bundle though.

> As far as I'm concerned, it would be useful to have more than one nio-based
> provider/implementation.  Where is the nio implementation that you've been
> working on (Remy)?

At the moment, it's just on my hard drive and it's very much tied to
the provider I'm currently working on enhancing.

> Does it talk directly to the java.nio API, or does it
> use some other lib in between (e.g. Mina, etc)?

It calls NIO directly. I had to google Mina to figure out what it was. :p

Regards,
Remy

Back to the top