[ecf-dev] Question: UI for reflective access to interfaces?

Hi Folks,

I've been working on some examples using the ECF remoteservices API (soon to have r-OSGI as provider/impl), and would like to present a user interface that given an interface class, allows the user to:

1) See the method names and type signatures of method parameters and return values (via reflective access to the interface class). 2) Enter/set the values of parameters (to some Serializable type), and constrain to appropriate type 3) Choose a method of remote invocation (e.g. proxy, synchronous, asynchronous with listener, future/asynchresult, etc)
4) Set/choose a timeout

What I would like to do is to present this interface when a service has been discovered (via the ECF discovery), and allow the user/developer to decide which methods to invoke (1), set any/all parameters for those methods (2), and then invoke the remote method (3-4). I think this could be a nice aid for development/testing/debugging of remote OSGi services.

I thought perhaps there might be something like this for either jdt refactor/debug, pde, or wtp (web services). If people know of such a UI, or would like to contribute such a thing please say so.

Scott

Back to the top