Re: [ecf-dev] Filetransfer with platform proxy setting

Hi Jan,

Jan S. Rellermeyer wrote:
Hi,

As you can see, it only sets the proxy configuration if the Proxy.Type
is HTTP (also represent HTTPS).  But for SOCKS, this code won't be
executed (for httpclient), and so no proxy configuration will be set
up.

I think it happens at AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer.setupProxy().

Yeah, I it's actually in AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer.setupProxies().

The problem
is that it takes the protocol scheme as a proxy type. In case of http:// it
requests the HTTP proxy settings from the IProxyService and this returns
null. Hence, no proxy object is set.

I'm fixing this logic now.

But the question is...what is httpclient's support for SOCKs proxying?

Since SOCKS proxies should be transparent, I assume, there is no particular
support necessary.
http://www.innovation.ch/java/HTTPClient/urlcon_vs_httpclient.html states
that SOCKS 4 and 5 work with httpclient.

So, then...I assume that the httpclient socks proxy setup should be exactly the same as for UrlConnection...i.e. System.property-based.  Seem correct?

Thanks,

Scott

Back to the top