Re: [ecf-dev] Java5 language features in JUnit tests

Scott Lewis wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> Yes...we've been holding to JRE 1.4 compatibility for all plugins (that
> can).
>
> We can revisit this, of course.
>
> Scott

Hi Scott,

I don't have a specific test case that requires JRE 1.5, though I wonder
what the benefit of having the test not exceed the bundle under test EE
in general is? The only reason I can imagine, is to debug problems on
smaller devices for which one only gets a CDC1/JRE 1.4 EE.

Bottom line, I can work around JRE 1.5 and don't need anything changed
though I'd link to use JRE 1.5 features since they simplify certain things.

Regards,
Markus

Back to the top