Re: [ecf-dev] ECF API Docs

Hi Ken,

Ken Gilmer wrote:

Understood. This effort is something I'd like to contribute to.

Sure...that would be great. Just name a section/API that you want to work on and I won't touch it. I'm going to be working on the Core and FileTransfer APIs first (today...Wed...and over next few days).

If others want to contribute also please just speak up and identify a section that you would be interested in doing.

Additionally, I'm interested in the dynamic generation of documentation from javadocs and bundle manifests from a "day job" context. I've added myself to the bugzilla. Any recommendations where I should dig in on this doc effort?

AFAIK, the bug entry that I made is the only traffic on this particular documentation thread. Chris A might have more direct insight into any PDE team's plans WRT bundle-level documentation generation. Chris?

I suspect that the first working prototype implementation that's presented to PDE team will speak pretty loudly. I would like to do it myself, but can't reasonably commit to it.

At some point in the past Jeff M indicated to me that there may be some work on javadocs generation for OSGi bundles elsewhere, but I couldn't find it with a simple Google search. Also...I think it would make sense to optionally include extension points docs (along with OSGi service docs).

Scott

-Ken