[ecf-dev] smack 3.0.0 availability: please respond if working on voip

Hi Folks,

FYI, Smack version 3.0.0 is now out and available here:

Libs:  http://www.igniterealtime.org/downloads/index.jsp#smack
Source:  http://www.igniterealtime.org/downloads/source.jsp

For those current working on Jingle support in ECF call API, this release has Jingle support in it.

I've created a plugin from both the smack 3.0.0 API with the jingle extension API and made them available via the ecf1.osuosl.org site for all of us to use. See the attached project file to import this project into your workspace. Note for the time being I've given the plugin the id 'org.jivesoftware.smack3' to distinguish it from our current plugin 'org.jivesoftware.smack'. Note also that Smack 3.0.0 requires JRE 1.5.

I suggest that we coordinate our efforts on the use of smack 3.0.0 to introduce Jingle support into ECF (and extend the call API as needed to do so). I think committer Roland Fru (roland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) and I should jointly lead this work...i.e. on the call API, use of Smack 3.0.0 for Jingle support, work on other providers (e.g. skype, sip, etc), and work on UI's and/or applications. I would like to have a conference call this coming week (April 3) about coordinating work among all of the interested folks. Could people that are interested in participating in this effort (e.g. Roland, Moritz, Pierre, myself, any others) please indicate when during the week (day/time) would work for a 1 hour conference call by responding to the ecf-dev mailing list? I'll arrange for the conference with the Eclipse Foundation once we pick a time that will work for all.

Thanks,

Scott

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<psf version="2.0">
<provider id="org.eclipse.team.cvs.core.cvsnature">
<project reference="1.0,:extssh:ecf1.osuosl.org:/home/cvs/ecf,smack3/org.jivesoftware.smack3,org.jivesoftware.smack3"/>
</provider>
</psf>

Back to the top