Re: [ecf-dev] Two issues I feel that needs a healthy discussion overbefore ECF 1.0...

I think it has been some time since I tried the collab example (IM and
IRC), so I should refresh my memory, but personally, I don't think it
qualifies as exemplary (yet?). It has some basic minimal
functionality, but has many issues and the look & feel needs work.

What about creating an exemplary(!) RCP application (that could also
run as a perspective in Eclipse) that can function as IM & IRC (and
maybe Bulletin Board) client?

But of course, in ECF's case, it's probably more intended that the
collaboration stuff is not so much central to a window, but happens
somewhere around the main code editors?

PS. being quite new to ECF, are there any old discussions or something
I could read on this?

Erkki

+1 for refactoring the collab plugin and exposing as an examplary
implementation rather than an example.
The same way the JDT is an examplary -- not an example-- implementation.

Back to the top