[ecf-dev] Team Meeting Manager

Hello,

My name is Kerri.  My friend Sarah and I are working on a new plug-in for Eclipse as our Major Project in college at Worcester Polytechnic Institute.  We will be utilizing ECF so that teams (SourceForge teams) can hold meetings.  We are thinking that we will make the chat editable because we want the user(s) to be able to connect to SourceForge and create tasks to put into their project from the chat.  We want the users to be able to highlight text within the chat (and be able to edit it, if necessary) and form there they will be able to right click and assign the task.  A GUI will pop up so that the user can fill in all of the necessary details for the task and then submit it.  After submission, the task will go into the team’s SourceForge project.

I am writing this e-mail because we were wondering if anyone had any ideas as to how this could be done.  As of now, ECF’s chat pane is not editable and so that will definitely need to change, but should we recreate, or extend?  Is what I described above a good idea?  What changes would you make?  How would you do this?  Just some questions to think about so that we can get some feedback and hit the ground running with it.  Thank you for your time and assistance.

Sincerely,

Kerri Edlund

Worcester Polytechnic Institute - 2007

Computer Science Major

Spanish Minor

CAS101 Counselor

WICS (Women in Computer Science) President

Back to the top