[ecf-dev] Re: pub sub example and distributed OSGI service registry

with the remote service: 1) IRemoteService.callSynch(...): which would provide blocking call/return semantics; 2) IRemoteService.callAsynch(...) (either one) which sends a message to remote service, and either uses polling (AsynchResult) or notification to receive a return value; and 3) IRemoteService.fire (...): which would simply send a one-way message to invoke the remote service but not expect or wait for a return value.

So there would be no explicit Java interface binding? How would complex types as parameters be handled? Personally, I feel much safer about model replication along w/ MDD/MVC style applications rather than code calling code in a distributed fashion. Given what I've read regarding Peter's work with this, I'd love to see it working in a pure OSGi context.

-Ken