Re: [eavp-dev] The github repo

Great, thanks.

Jay

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 8:19 AM, Kozhokanova, Anara <kozhokanovaa@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jay, the ticket was created yesterday already and I updated it with your latest comments.

Anara

From: eavp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <eavp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Jay Jay Billings <jayjaybillings@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:13 PM
To: eavp developer discussions
Subject: Re: [eavp-dev] The github repo

Anara, please file a bug for this at the GitHub repo. You may note in your bug that I encountered the same problem using EAVP from the p2 repository (whereas you encountered it from source code).

Robert, will you jump on this bug and help Anara figure out the problem please?

I might try to take another look at it tonight too. When I run the OSGi console in ICE (2.2.1RC1) and look at the service, I see the following:

org.eclipse.eavp.viz.service_0.1.1.201701231839 [208]
  Id=208, Status=ACTIVE      Data Root=/home/jay/ICEResearch/ice-2.2.1RC1-20170214/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/208/data
  "Registered Services"
    {org.eclipse.eavp.viz.service.IVizServiceFactory}={service.id=310, service.bundleid=208, service.scope=bundle, component.name=org.eclipse.eavp.viz.service.factory, component.id=76}

However, when I run Anara's Vaadin bundle using the EAVP bundles that are in the exact same running instance of ICE (i.e. - through the native target and p2 repo, not from source), I get:

org.eclipse.eavp.viz.service_0.1.1.201701231839 [79]
  Id=79, Status=ACTIVE      Data Root=/home/jay/Documents/anaraWorkspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/stable-test2/org.eclipse.osgi/79/data
  "No registered services."

I'll check in on your progress when I get a break from the meeting tomorrow. Please respond on the list as you make progress so that we can log it.

Jay