[e4-dev] Raw notes from API call

In two hours we went through the entire Eclipse 4 API today and decided what to keep and what to remove/hide. I will post some tidier notes a bit later, but here are the raw notes from the call so everyone can start entering bugs, etc.

MWindow is in - could be used for dialogs

MInputPart needed ??

MPartDescriptor @noreference because it may disappear in future

SharedArea missing from the list.

MBindingTable is good and needs to be in API

MParameter is good

MMenuContribution, MToolBarContribution, MTrimContribution - provisional

MOpaque* and MRendered* - @noreference these are all to be deleted

MPopupMenu keep it

IContextFunction/ContextFunction. Change method signature to add String key.

EModelService needs some things added in M7. Add @noreference for getPartDescriptor

EPartService is fine

EBindingService @noreference

EContextService is fine except method @noreference as described on wiki

ECommandService ok with changes on wiki.. add two @noref

EMenuService not API @noreference entire class

IEventBroker should be API

John

--
A menu item, a toolbar item, and a keybinding walk into a bar. They fail to find a drink handler and collapse in a heap of failed abstractions.

Back to the top