Re: [e4-dev] Logging and tracing in e4

While I haven't given much thought to the tracing yet I can give you
some background on the standard best practice.

Each bundle provides a .options file in its root.  That allows the
Trace tab on the launch config to be populated with fine grained debug
options.

Most bundles then create a class with "public static boolean DEBUG =
false;"  for as many debug variables as they intend to trace, and
(commonly) fill them in on startup.  These variables can then be used
to make the trace output calls.

With DebugTrace it could be more dynamic, I think, but I'm less sure on that.

PW

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR