[dsdp-mtj-dev] MIDlet template suggestion

Hi,

I've been looking through the MIDlet project template proposal and I think it looks great.
Internally at Sony Ericsson we set up a MIDlet project for our developers which is basically
an EclipseME project ( we are migrating to MTJ as of now ) with some example Java files.

We do this with EclipseME as a starting point and add our templates, but this new template proposal
would make it alot easier and would remove the use of most of our code.

The only thing I can see that is missing from the proposal from our point of view is adding jars to the classpath
of the project as it is being created. We add MobileJunit, our testing framework, to the classpath and export it
to the MIDlet, since it doesn't exist in the phones. This could be done with our UEI devices in some way I suppose,
but we only want to add the MobileJUnit framework jar to order and export, and not the whole J2ME container.

Using the new proposal we could get the jar into the project as a resource, but we wouldn't be able to add it
to the classpath ( unless I've missed something ).

Do you think this is something more people would find useful or is it just us? :)

Best regards,

Tomas Westling
Eclipse team, Sony Ericsson

Back to the top