Re: [config-dev] Proposal for CDI integration

Thanks for your feedback, Joakim; my responses are inline below.

On Fri, Jul 2, 2021 at 10:56 AM Joakim Erdfelt <joakim.erdfelt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Speaking as someone that cares deeply about the websocket, wasp (previously called jsp), and servlet specs, having an optional CDI approach is not only desired, but I view this as a requirement if you expect Jakarta Config to be used by websocket, wasp, and servlet specs.
>
> That being said, I see many concepts and thoughts in your proposal that are foreign to me.
> Did I miss something and an actual jakarta config spec was proposed?

No, only the contents of this email are being proposed, based on
yesterday's call.  Everything and anything in this proposal is open
for discussion.  Please, if you have a question about any aspect (no
matter how basic), feel free to ask and I will be happy to explain the
origin of the idea and why it is in the proposal.

> I thought this group was going to discuss the fundamental spec and propose an API, not take any previous effort (such as MP Config) and adapt it.
> I have no experience with MP Config, and I am intentionally not looking at MP Config to remain as unbiased as possible.

Your impression is correct: the majority of committers agree that
adapting MP Config is not a goal.  However, the group's experiences
with other config implementations (many of which implement MP Config)
are definitely informing this proposal and most of our discussion.  My
mention of MP Config within this proposal is specifically to point out
what did not work well in that specification for the purpose of
avoiding repeating the same errors in this one.

--
- DML • he/him

Back to the top