From: cn4j-alliance <cn4j-alliance-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Emily Jiang
Sent: 18 January 2021 17:26
To: Discussions on formation of a CN4J Alliance with the MicroProfile Working Group <cn4j-alliance@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [cn4j-alliance] MP apis and "graduation" to Jakarta EE

I think namespace updates lead to migration issues. When moving MP Config to Jakarta, the api jar maven coordinates would be updated. In this case, there is no necessary source code change required. In my opinion, any migration would potentially reduce productivity and we should minimize it. Surely we could do better than Java EE to Jakarta EE migration.

Thanks

Emily