Re: [cn4j-alliance] CN4J and Jakarta EE Profiles

The names of the profiles should be ultimately refined for maximum marketing value. I had added core as one alternative name. Kernel could be another.

The problem with the web profile as I see it was due to how the TCK licensing was done. It simply was not cost effective for a non-commerical or small commercial web container to pursue certification. That has been eliminated with the current Jakarta compatibility requirements.

The notion of the enterprise/xyz profile is solely on standardizing portability of legacy EE8 apps into an EE9+ runtime. I don't know if this is something vendors are interested in doing. We were not for EE9, but that seemed to be more about reducing scope creep and the lack of experience in the transformation tooling.