Re: [cn4j-alliance] MP apis and "graduation" to Jakarta EE

Hello Everyone!

I like the idea of not using the MP namespase on JakartaEE, I mean JakartaEE should not have a dependency on MP in any way

Moving the MP API's to JakartaEE sounds good in paper, but that's a lot of work and discussions for every API and that's what led us to this.
Getting those API's back to MP for further development sounds complicated, so if some API is moved to JakartaEE I think that the best is to continue on JakartaEE

I see MP as an optional complement to JakartaEE that extends the current API's, so What about having something like a LTS version of the MP API's ?

So for example MP Wombat 2.0 is a LTS version that all vendors should support, but MP Wombat 3,4,5 are Experimental and MP Wombat 6 is another LTS Release (this can be at API level or at MP umbrella level )
The only thing about this approach is how the vendors can support both versions, the LTS and the experimental... but maybe we can figure out something for that.

In this way, the vendors can choose between supporting only the LTS versions of the API or keep working on the experimental versions too.

The LTS version can be useful for those who write libraries / frameworks, because they will have a stable dependency on MP that all of the compatible vendors support for the next X years without the need of updating the dependency every time an MP API's have breaking changes.

Jorge Cajas
+502 54754892