Re: [chemclipse-dev] Which data model can store the raw data from TOF mass spectrometer?

Hi Philip,

I think I can store the calculated Ion in one ScanMSD, but first I must find a place to store my raw data from acquisition card of TOF mass spectrameter. The raw data is a serie of time(in nanoseconds) - intensity. ChromatographMSC can only store ScanMSD, not time-intensity serie.

Best regards,

Trig

Trig,

yep, OpenChrom supports various detector types. You are right, the CSD types stores the TIC signal only as e.g. a FID captures the current.

CSD = Current Selective Detectors (FID, ECD, NPD, ...)
MSD = Mass Selective Detectors (Quadrupole, IonTrap, TandenMS, OrbiTrap, TOF, ...)
WSD = Wavelength Selective Detectors (DAD, UV/Vis, ...)

So you can use the MSD scan type, e.g.:

IVendorScan scan = new VendorScan();
scan.setRetentionTime(500); // currently milliseconds
scan.setMassSpectrometer((short)2); // 1 = MS1, 2 = MS2
scan.setMassSpectrumType((short)1); // centroid = 0, profile = ""> //
scan.addIon(new Ion(104.18983d, 2506.0f));
scan.addIon(new Ion(104.283d, 506.0f));
scan.addIon(new Ion(104.3049d, 6.0f));
scan.addIon(new Ion(104.384984d, 29206.0f));

OpenChrom offers several way to display the data. It could be either nominal, high resolution, centroid or profile mode, see attached screenshot.

Best,
Philip