[che-dev] Eclipse Che image tag conventions - can we standardize across all the Che projects?

Quay image tag conventions: today we use a mix of nightly, next, main, latest, sha-tags, vX.Y.Z, X.Y.Z.

Could we standardize this to be:

  • "next" for continuously building new images on every commit

    • "nightly" won't be used anymore; we now do CI builds rather than daily

  • optional "latest" for pointer to 7.yy.z latest released container images (where / if useful)

  • sha-versioned tags for all releases and CI builds

Any objections? If so, please post on https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/19291.

If not, let’s proceed with this plan for 7.31 or 7.32.

--

Nick Boldt

Principal Software Engineer, RHCSA

Productization Lead :: CodeReady Workspaces

IM: @nickboldt / @nboldt / http://nick.divbyzero.com

“The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change” - Heraclitus

Back to the top