Re: [che-dev] Stale branches in che repos :: ACTION REQUIRED :: please take out your trash :D

I guess the answer is in the question - the reason is collaboration and visibility, which for Open Source are default patterns. And I would consider it as quite important thing. For example: being not a community member but

While I understand the attractiveness of using forks for individual coding (and I believe no one force not to use them), as it stated in github help [1]: "Most commonly, forks are used to either propose changes to someone else's project or to use someone else's project as a starting point for your own idea."
Note: "someone else's project" is a main case of using it.

FWIW: It took just about 15 minutes of time to find ones who had stalled branches and ask everyone personally. You can see the result [2]
Maybe we need to make it a part of triaging or so exercise instead of inventing tricky "branch vs fork policy"? :)

Thanks,
Gennady

[2] https://github.com/eclipse/che/branches/stale