Re: [che-dev] Support for multiple Java versions

There are no stacks. Devfiles contain samples, which do not work with all versions. I would stick with one version per devfile unless there is a reason not to.

Yes we are saying the same thing: every devfile contains one version of the plugin (i.e. jdk 8) that works with the runtime component and the sample included in the devfile. And have many devfiles with different versions of the jdk would be cool (i.e. jdk 8 and jdk 11) instead of sticking with a jdk 8 devfile.

And anyway "one devfile <=> one stack" as "one dockerfile <=> one container image"

Back to the top