[che-dev] Purpose of misc.xml in project metadata

Hi,

Right now Che has a special file in project metadata folder called "misc.xml". As I see in the source code, all the properties in .codenvy/misc.xml (updated, created, contentroot) are also available in the standard project.json. I'm not figuring out the purpose of actually having misc.xml, especially that it is never really used – every function that saves misc.xml in che-core-api-project does that together with modifying the standard project configuration accordingly. I could not find any usage outside che-core-api-project.

The existence of this file is causing many hacks in VFS and Git extensions of Che, which all seem to have the goal of simply ignoring the file. In the case of VFS, the situation is worse since VFS implementations are not aware of the project API and have the ".codenvy" folder name hard-coded dirtily.

My question is – what is the purpose of having the misc.xml file and the relevant ProjectMisc class in the source code?

thank you
Tareq Sharafy
Cloud Development Experience | SAP Labs Israel | 15 Hatidhar st, Raanana 43665, Israel
T +972-(0)7-4732-1647 | F +972-(0)9-777-5618

Back to the top