From: Sapan, Tal
Sent: יום ה 02 יולי 2015 18:18
To: 'che-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Authentication token in requests from builder to che

Hi,

I have a question regarding how to pass the authentication token when the builder makes a REST call to Che API.

In our scenario we use OAuth 2.0 protocol for authentication.

The request from the client to the builder service ("/builder/<workspace id>/build" API) passes the authentication token as an "Authorization: Bearer" header.

The builder then fetches information about the workspace by calling che workspace API "/workspace/<workspace id>".

In this request we have to pass the authentication token the same way it was received - as "Authorization: Bearer" header.

From looking deeper into the code that sends the REST call, it seems that a token taken from the current user is added to the request as a URL parameter, but no headers are added.

This happens in other API calls as well (like export etc).

Is there currently a way to send the authentication token as a header?

If not, would a pull request for adding authentication to a request in a more general way be acceptable (allow the option of sending as a URL parameter, header and maybe cookie as well)?

Best regards,

Tal Sapan | T: +972 9 7779580 | www.sap.com

Back to the top