Re: [che-dev] Analytics capability question

Hi Roy:

In Che, there are many examples of extensions that file events.  You can embed any kind of data that you want into the events.

For analytics, everything that follows is part of Codenvy - not Che today.  We have a system that does the following:
1. Collects events from distributed nodes.
2. Consolidates events into time-series unified database.
3. Have rules for processing events into metrics, which can be basic, derived, or custom.
4. Have a visualization system for displaying metrics and running queries.

Today we run this for the public to use at codenvy.com/analytics.  When you login, you'll be presented with a data universe based upon the user's rights.  A system/admin would have rights to see the data universe for the entire system.

If you'd like to arrange a demo to learn more about how the system was engineered and can be reused, we can set up an information sharing for your team.  I'd include Anatoliy, Alex and Dmytro from our team.

Tyler Jewell | CEO | tyler@​codenvy.​com | 9​78​.8​84​.53​55