Re: [che-dev] Eclipse Che 3.10.0 Features

My general take for release planning through the 3.x train is that we should only commit to one feature for a release, and make that the decision point for deciding when we release or not.  This will keep the release necessarily small and allow us to release more frequently.  If there are other features that are completed at that point in time, then they can also be merged in for inclusion.

But by setting such a large release with so many issues, the tracking becomes much more difficult, and our ability to ship is tied to the longest critical path feature, more than anything else.

So, for 3.10, I would say that svn / git related features are the must have, and that is the only thing that is mandatory (other than critical + blocker bugs).  And for everything else, it's floating as no fixVersion, and dynamically added in if completed in time.

And by only targeting svn / git features, we could be in a position to release in 1-2 weeks if we so chose.

Tyler

Tyler Jewell | CEO | tyler@​codenvy.​com | 9​78​.8​84​.53​55