Re: [che-dev] Che support for multiple users

Hi Tyler,

Our goal is to make a saas platform for multiple developers, say, more then 100. They will develop and maintain a set of tests written using robot framework (python based, http://robotframework.org/). The key initial requirements are:

1. support multiple users and working environments individual for each user (workspaces in che). Project sharing is also needed. The key idea is that a new user could start his work in a browser without any additional setup/installation steps with his copy of a project.
2. be able to run python apps in the pre-configured environments on the server side (docker is ok).
3. be able to edit robot test cases - we plan to create a plugin which will improve user experince with the .robot files.

There were no plans to opensource our code for this project yet. I am not the person who can make a decision about this.

We are going to decide what to take as a base for our system, and now we have two options: che and orion projects. Che looked good overall but taking into account missing docker runner and no support for multiple users - maybe orion would be a better option for us. As I understand, there's a Cloud Foundry support which may be ok for our run configurations. And there's user registration and login already in place in orion.

Yes, probably, it is a good idea to have a meeting. Our time is GMT +3 (Moscow), so, it looks like the best option would be 8-9pm for us which is 9-10am in St.Francisco. Please, let me know if this time is OK for your team, say, tomorrow. But I'll also have to double check with our team because it's not the busyness hours here right now.

--
thanks,
  Oleg