[cft-dev] Neon aggregate build: which URL to use: /milestones vs /1.0.M6

In preparation to join Neon M6 aggregate build, we have to include a
repository URL for CFT that the aggregate build will use, and it
should be somewhat static, in the sense that it is not updated by
automated builds (e.g. nightly build).

We have at least three options, all which appear to be used by
different projects already in aggregate build:

1. Use a general cft/milestones p2 repo , where the latest released
milestone is always available, and this is what Eclipse Simultaneous
Release milestone builds will use. This will therefore remain
unchanged across different simrel milestone builds. So for each simrel
milestone, it will always use cft/milestones update site.

2. A specific CFT milestone p2 repo that uses a released milestone
version, which means for each simultaneous release we have to update
the simrel aggregate build.

Example: for Neon M6, we use a cft/1.0.M6, for Neon M7, we use a
cft/1.0.M7, etc..

3. Use a very specific p2 URL that includes the build ID (e.g. date)
so that if we have to respin, we have to update the simrel aggregate
build with the new URL and that way we know that the simrel build used
the respin.

Right now we are going with option 2, and will include an cft/1.0.M6
update site for Neon simrel M6. The goal is to contribute this into
aggregate build by Monday March 7.

If you have a different opinion, please post it here before March 7.

Back to the top