Re: [cf-dev] install and configure californium in ubuntu 14.04 & implementation authentication algorithms

Hi Maher,

I'm also not sure, how I can help you.
Are you able to install a java-jdk? And maven?
And are there any reasons to use the aged ubuntu version 14.04?

> in order to measure performance metrics (energy consumption, execution time, ...)

Usually energy and execution time are more considered in "small embedded device",
which doesn't run java and instead are programmed using C (or something similar).

There was an interesting research about the coap-performance,

https://github.com/eclipse/californium/issues/787

which compares C and Java implementations.
(The basic mislead in that was, that it considers single requests instead of "parallel requests from multiple clients", which would be the domain of californium.)
But anyway, may be you can get some ideas from that research.

If you need more and specific help, I would appreciate, if you open issues on github,

https://github.com/eclipse/californium

it's easier to discuss single issues using that than e-mail.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Achim Kraus

(INST/ECS4)
Bosch Software Innovations GmbH | Stuttgarter Straße 130 | 71332 Waiblingen | GERMANY | www.bosch-si.com

Sitz: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB 148411 B
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr.-Ing. Thorsten Lücke; Geschäftsführung: Dr. Stefan Ferber, Michael Hahn, Dr. Aleksandar Mitrovic