From: sophokles.kh@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2016 06:27:13 +0000
To: cf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [cf-dev] Californium CoAP client question

Hi Alejo,

not sure what you expect such a close to achieve. Since CoAP runs over UDP there is no "connection" per se being established as with TCP. Thus, when using plain CoAP there is no need for closing a connection. However, if you run CoAP over DTLS, e.g. when using a URI like "coaps://...") then you might be interested in closing the (logical) DTLS session that the CoapClient has established with the server. Is that what you're looking for?

Kai