[buckminster-dev] New to Buckminster

Hello,

I would first like to mention that I’m interested in contributing whatever I can find the time to contribute to this project; I had just (a couple of weeks ago) begun a project that aimed to do what this project has already done (for the most part) before I knew about Buckminster.  My least favorite thing about programming is trying to resolve dependencies for complex projects, and as far as I’m concerned, it’s worth the effort to make it such that I can just run a command and have that step done for me.  I really like how you are approaching the problem (although I can’t get anything other than the sample to work myself, but that’s a problem in implementation [ which I would like to help with ], not the idea behind it :) ).

If it’s ok if I help you guys out, the first thing I’m interested in helping with, just to get acquainted with the project, is by doing whatever I can to help smooth out some rough edges in the documentation.  This, I thought, might help me understand everything better, and it would give you someone to test code coverage, as I’m going to try everything out before I document it.  I would then help as much as I can with the debugging, which would also help me get acquainted with the code (and, more importantly, the group).  After that, I hope to be in a position to contribute a bit more, if it is desired of me.

If this is desirable, let me know, and I’ll get to work; conversely, if you wish for me to stay out of the way, that is fine as well :).

Thanks,

Matt Hollingsworth

CERN – CMS (http://cms.cern.ch/)

Back to the top