Re: [buckminster-dev] headless resolve with properties

Thanks a bunch Adrian!
Much appreciated - I'll give it a try.

Cheers

             "Adrian Skehill"
             <adrian.skehill@g
             mail.com>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  "Buckminster developer discussions"
             buckminster-dev-b         <buckminster-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             ounces@xxxxxxxxxx                                          cc
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [buckminster-dev] headless
             03/13/2008 04:29          resolve with properties
             PM

             Please respond to
                Buckminster
                 developer
                discussions
             <buckminster-dev@
               eclipse.org>

> Hey Adrian,
>  Thanks again for the tip. I have a couple of questions I'm wondering if
you
>  can clarify on importing from a local SDK:
>
>  - what ReaderType do you use for the provider, is it eclipse.import or
>  eclipse.platform?
>  - did you actually create a local update site (I was under the
impression
>  that eclipse.import was used pretty much exclusively with update
sites...)
>  or are you just pointing it to a directory with an extracted Eclipse
>  SDK.zip?
>
>  If it's not asking too much, perhaps I'd be able to get a better handle
on
>  this if you could provide a sample snippet from your RMAP/setup?

Hi Todd,

I was working with a colleague of mine today at work with the Eclipse
STP project and getting the buckminster builds sorted out there, so
I'm able to easily show you those rmap and cquery files if you want to
test it out, it's available at [1].  The stuff I'm involved isn't so
easy to share since it's behind our corporate firewall.

Take a look at the Ganymede section, you'll get all the info you need
there, we assume there's an eclipse installed in /shared/... with all
the plugins we need. The plugins your build needs are then imported
into the workspace.

Hope this helps,

Adrian.

[1] http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/stp/build/trunk/buckminster/stp.rmap