Re: [buckminster-dev] headless resolve with properties

Hi Todd,
I see that you're using a pde map provider. Could it be that the first cvs access (the one that retrieves the map files) works OK and that the error occurs when an attempt is made to access one of components in the map file?

If so, you might try adding user names and passwords to the entries in the map files.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Todd_Lee@xxxxxxxx wrote:
As a follow up,
In addition to trying the cmdline -D"property.key=property.value" indicated
below (which, to be precise, should actually be "buckminster command
options -vmargs -Dproperty..." still didn't work) I tried direct property
substitution in the CQUERY. I'll include some snips below for illustration:

-- CQUERY --
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<cq:componentQuery
        xmlns:cq="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/CQuery-1.0";
        resourceMap="http://path/to/test.rmap"; >
        <cq:rootRequest name="com.amis.platform"
componentType="eclipse.feature" />
            <cq:property key="user.name" value="leet" />
            <cq:property key="user.pass" value="xxxxx" />
</cq:componentQuery>

-- RMAP SNIP --
    <searchPath name="amis.pde.maps">
            <provider xsi:type="pmp:PDEMapProvider" readerType="cvs"
componentTypes="osgi.bundle,eclipse.feature,buckminster" mutable="true"
source="true">
                <uri
format=":pserver:{0}:{1}@host:/path/to/cvsrep,path/to/maps">
                <bc:propertyRef key="user.name" />
                <bc:propertyRef key="user.pass" />
                  </uri>
        </provider>
format=":pserver:{0}:{1}@host:/path/to/cvsrep,path/to/projects/{2}">
                <bc:propertyRef key="user.name" />
                <bc:propertyRef key="user.pass" />
                <bc:propertyRef key="buckminster.component" />
                  </uri>
            </provider>
    </searchPath>

-- HEADLESS OUTPUT --
C:\>buckminster -L DEBUG -data C:\autobuild_root\temp resolve
http://path/to/test.cquery
resolve 'http://path/to/test.cquery'
Platform install location: C:\autobuild_root\buckminster
Target platform provided by class
org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.internal.PDETarget Platform
com.amis.platform:eclipse.feature: Using resolver rmap
com.amis.platform:eclipse.feature: Rejecting provider
eclipse.platform(feature/${buckminster.component}): No component match was
found
com.amis.platform:eclipse.feature: Using resource map
http://path/to/test.rmap
com.amis.platform:eclipse.feature: Using search path amis.pde.maps
com.amis.platform:eclipse.feature: Trying provider
cvs(:pserver:{0}:{1}@host:/path/to/cvsrep,path/to/maps)
blocked(class org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob[Building
workspace])

Authentication error: No CVS authenticator is registered
com.amis.platform:eclipse.feature: Trying provider
cvs(:pserver:{0}:{1}@host:/path/to/cvsrep,path/to/projects/{2})
com.amis.platform:eclipse.feature: trunk/head will be searched
com.amis.platform:eclipse.feature: Rejecting provider
cvs(:pserver:{0}:{1}@host:/path/to/cvsrep,path/to/projects/{2}): No
component match was found
com.amis.platform:eclipse.feature: No provider was found that could resolve
the request
ERROR   [0001] : No suitable provider for component
com.amis.platform:eclipse.feature was found in searchPath amis.pde.maps
  ERROR   [0001] : Authentication error: No CVS authenticator is registered
  ERROR   [0001] : Rejecting provider
cvs(:pserver:{0}:{1}@host:/path/to/cvsrep,path/to/projects/{2}): No
component match was found
Errors and Warnings
[0][0001] : Authentication error: No CVS authenticator is registered
[0][0001] : Rejecting provider
cvs(:pserver:{0}:{1}@host:/path/to/cvsrep,path/to/projects/{2}): No
component match was found

Caused by: [0][0]Authentication error: No CVS authenticator is registered

So it doesn't seem to be that either method works for me. Is there
something that I'm missing? One curious thing I noticed - in the debug
headless output, the buckminster.component isn't even being substituted
({2}) - shouldn't this be substituted at this point as well? Still leaves
me wondering if there's an issue with the headless resolve when using
properties...

Any insight is more than welcome! :)

Todd_Lee@xxxxxxxx Sent by: buckminster-dev-b To ounces@xxxxxxxxxx Buckminster developer discussions g <buckminster-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> cc 03/11/2008 01:51 Subject PM Re: [buckminster-dev] headless resolve with properties Please respond to Buckminster developer discussions <buckminster-dev@ eclipse.org>

Sorry, I should add that I did see this:
http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.technology.buckminster/msg00507.html

which suggests that headless authentication should be possible using
properties in the RMAP (though the case in point uses svn instead of cvs,
I'm guessing it's still applicable).

The problem is I tried using the method of propertyrefs in the rmap :

           <uri
format=":pserver:{0}:{1}@host:/path/to/cvsrep,path/to/module/{2}">
                <bc:propertyRef key="user.name" />
                <bc:propertyRef key="user.pass" />
                <bc:propertyRef key="buckminster.component" />
      </uri>

and then substituting the system properties on the command line using:

buckminster -D"user.name=<myusername>"

But I get a buckminster exception:
C:\>buckminster -D"user.name=<myusername>" -data C:\autobuild_root\temp
resolve http://host/build.cquery
org.eclipse.buckminster.cmdline.parser.InvalidOptionException: The option
'-Duser.name=<myusername>' is invalid

Has the handling of cmdline args (specifically for system props) changed? I
just updated to 1.0.0.r08941

FYI -
C:\>buckminster listsite
Features:
  org.eclipse.buckminster.core.headless.feature_1.0.0.r08974 (Buckminster -
Core Headless)
  org.eclipse.buckminster.cvs.headless.feature_1.0.0.r08953 (Buckminster -
CVS support for headless operation)
  org.eclipse.buckminster.maven.feature_1.0.0.r08939 (Buckminster - Maven
support)
  org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.headless.feature_1.0.0.r08961 (Buckminster -
PDE support for headless operation)
  org.eclipse.buckminster.product_1.0.0.r08941 (Buckminster Product)

Thanks
Todd

             Todd_Lee@xxxxxxxx
             Sent by:
             buckminster-dev-b                                          To
             ounces@xxxxxxxxxx         buckminster-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             g                                                          cc

                                                                   Subject
             03/11/2008 01:22          [buckminster-dev] headless resolve
             PM                        with properties

             Please respond to
                Buckminster
                 developer
                discussions
             <buckminster-dev@
               eclipse.org>

Just wondering what the best way to go about executing a headless resolve
might be where properties are involved?
e.g. - in my rmap, I've got ${user.name} specified in the :pserver string
to authenticate my CVSROOT.
The IDE has provided this in the UI mode, but I'm not sure how to handle it
when running headless. Suggestions?

Thanks
Todd

AMI Semiconductor - "Silicon Solutions for the Real World"
NOTICE:
This electronic message contains information that may be confidential or
privileged. The information is intended for the use of the individual or
entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
information is prohibited. If you received this electronic message in
error, please notify the sender and delete the copy you received.