Re: [buckminster-dev] Possible bug with Buckminster/subversive integration.

Hi Scott,
you're right. We need to catch up with Subversive API changes. Please submit a bugzilla for this.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Scott, Rich wrote:

Hi,

I think I have found an incompatibility between the Buckminster subversive integration and the current Subversive plugin available from eclipse.org. I’m new to Buckminster, so before posting it as a bug I wanted to check and see if I am likely correct.

I have installed the late Buckminster along with the subversive integration. I already had subversive 0.7 and its associated requirements installed and operational. Buckminster operations that do not use svn appear to be working fine.

I’m trying the Hello_XML_World example. I open http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/samples/queries/demo.cquery and the cquery is displayed. When I push the “Resolve To Wizard” button, I get the following error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.eclipse.team.svn.core.utility.SubProgressMonitorWithInfo.<init>(Lorg/eclipse/core/runtime/IProgressMonitor;I)V

ERROR [0001] : java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.eclipse.team.svn.core.utility.SubProgressMonitorWithInfo.<init>(Lorg/eclipse/core/runtime/IProgressMonitor;I)V

Checking the 0.7 source for org.eclipse.team.svn.core.utility.SubProgressMonitorWithInfo, the constructor has been changed to take a double, rather than the int listed in the error message. Best I can tell, 0.7 is the earliest subversive version available on the eclipse site (1.1 (an older version) is available on the polarion site, but I have not found the other required plugins to match).

I looks like the Buckminster integration code that is calling org.eclipse.team.svn.core.utility.SubProgressMonitorWithInfo needs to be updated to pass a double.

Does assessment make sense? If so, I can submit a bug report.

Thanks

Rich Scott

* *